Find an Internship in Cairns, Australia
Cairns Sharehouse is currently looking for international students to complete an internship with us.
We are looking for a fun, organised, confident, outgoing intern to join us our team for at least 10 weeks.
You need to be passionate about people, meeting new people and not be afraid to go up and start talking to random strangers!.
You must have a strong interest in marketing, social media (design, websites, blogs), tourism, hospitality, events, front office/reception and meeting new people.
You will have plenty of opportunities to bring your ideas to the table about how we can build our customer loyalty base and use social media to build our brand.
You will need to work with our partners such as tour companies and agencies and local businesses so you must have excellent english/communication skills.
We are looking for
- Enthusiasm - somebody who loves to get out there and squeeze every moment out of life!
- A people person – you love and want to help everyone you meet have the best stay ever!
- A runner – someone who will go the extra mile for our guests.
- An organiser – you need to get us and our guests organised for fun.
- Detailed – we want fun and games but the serious business is making our guests love their stay with us.
- Committed – we follow procedures, systems and processes so the intern needs to follow these and contribute to their improvement.
- Easy going – we are a bit loud, a bit crazy and mostly related so you need a good sense of humour.
- No royalty – In a small business we all roll up our sleeves and do whatever we need to do get the job done.
What do you get in return?
- Opportunity to join a small close knit team and become part of our Australian family.
- International work experience where you can apply all that you have learnt in theory into practice.
- Written reference at completion of internship to enhance future career prospects.
- Chance to live in glorious tropical paradise Cairns – the gateway to the Great Barrier Reef and spectacular World Heritage Rainforest in North Queensland (Australia). It’s warm, sunny and warm again. Think palm trees, flip flops and swimmers.
- Free accommodation in one of our beautiful sharehouses for interns. This includes all bills, free wifi, cleaning service, linen, crockery, cutlery and access to a full kitchen.
- Weekends and nights free to relax or even pick up some part time work.
If you think you have what it takes, contact us by email to including a covering letter, CV/resume, relevant work experience/interests, name of university, and approximate of arrival into Australia.
We look forward to welcoming you to tropical paradise soon :)
NOTE: Interns are responsible for finding their own visas/flights/transfers to Cairns.